Please be advised that as of 3:00pm Friday, 28 January 2022, the closing date has been amended.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS729737
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.45FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Can you make our school sparkle?
Walkaway Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and committed individual to join their friendly team in the role of Cleaner.
The successful applicant will carry out cleaning of the allocated internal and external areas including emptying rubbish bins in the waste disposal system. They will open and/or lock the school, liaise with the Registrar on all cleaning matters and record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communication book. They will maintain the school environment in accordance with Department procedures.
Schooling in the Walkaway area dates back to the 1860s. The current Walkaway PS has been in its present location in the town of Walkaway since 1966. Walkaway is a small rural town 28 km south of Geraldton.
A small number of dedicated and very experienced staff teach the students in a series of multi aged classes. The school enjoys great stability in a quiet and attractive learning environment.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Walkaway Primary School please visit www.walkawayps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Megan Barrett, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Walkaway, by telephoning (08) 9926 0200 or emailing email@example.com.
During the school holiday period, please contact Megan Barrett on 0427 737 774.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current Line Manager and;
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents; or
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, please contact Megan Barrett (0427 737 774) or the school from 24 January 2022 8:00am to 4:00pm to arrange a suitable time to access a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au).
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Monday, 31 January 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.