Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS728414
We are seeking to establish a School Officer pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
As a School Officer you will be responsible for providing accurate advice and support to parents, students, staff, and community members using your exemplary communication skills. With your ideally outstanding organisational skills, you will also provide general clerical and administrative support including preparing correspondence, newsletters, notices and other materials for both the school and its external clients. The capacity to work independently and show initiative in your daily tasks is highly advantageous.
Suitable applicants will support the Manager Corporate Services in the delivery of school database systems information, student support processes, student records, reporting, enrolments, marketing and accounts payable or receivable. You would also assist with administering the financial resources and assets of the school. Ideally you would have the ability in using computers and a range of application software packages in particular databases, spreadsheets and word processing and possess the skills and ability to support the administration and management of financial and human resources of the school. Experience with RM Finance would be advantageous.
At Greenwood College we support students to adopt a growth mind-set in all their endeavours, to engage in education for life, to develop resiliency and ensure their readiness for pathways beyond school.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Greenwood College can be found by visiting greenwood.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kristy Moore, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9243 9200 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Kristy Moore on 0459 902 988.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 21 January 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.