Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE713750
This is a permanent full-time position commencing February 2022
Are you a person with information management and system experience, looking to join a positive, dynamic team in bringing improvement to asset planning and integration of asset data, to support our schools going forward.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
The Role and our Branch
The Infrastructure Division is seeking a highly dedicated and motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Project Officer.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
As the Senior Project Officer, you will contribute towards the coordination, ongoing planning, design and development of infrastructure information management systems. You will plan, test and implement solutions and associated integration and data migration activities along with developing strategies, processes and tools to support infrastructure information management needs.
Within this role you will project manage the physical and financial resources and timelines related to infrastructure information management strategies and projects, providing leadership to stakeholder groups across the organisation to ensure initiatives are delivered in a timely and effective manner.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
1. Well developed skills and considerable experience in the provision of user friendly and integrated information management systems and substantial knowledge of contemporary asset management methodologies and practices.
5. Capacity to provide leadership and a customer-focused service.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Warren Carey, Manager - Infrastructure Reform by telephoning (08) 9264 4849 or emailing Warren.Carey@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 24 January 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.