Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS724523
Applecross Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
The School Officer role requires the capacity to undertake a wide range of administrative and customer focused support services within a school context, which utilises strong Information Technology (IT) skills using various Microsoft Office and Department of Education database software packages. In addition, strong communication and the ability to maintain a calm and professional service are important. As part of our Independent Public School (IPS) status, you will contribute to developing new ways of working that embraces the use of technology to improve customer engagement and meet the changing demands and needs of the business and school community.
Suitable applicants should have the ability to support both internal and external customers with accessing and engaging with technology. In addition, the ability to use various technology platforms and a range of application software packages to support service demands of our school business will be advantageous. This includes applications such as the Department of Education Account Manager (DAM); School Information System (SIS - Enrolments, Timetabling and Reporting to Parents); RM Finance; RM Billing; Saron Education Quality Teachers Assistant (SEQTA); Consent2Go and creating spreadsheets and data management in general.
Applecross SHS, situated approximately 8 kilometres south of the city of Perth, embraces a tradition of excellence and maintains a reputation for high academic, sporting and cultural achievements for secondary students in Years 7 to 12. The school offers programs in Vocational Education and Training, Visual Arts (Gifted and Talented) and elite Tennis (Specialist Program), plus Academic Extension programs. The Academic Extension Program provides special classes for students who have been selected on the basis of their performance. Students in the program are offered a wide range of rich learning experiences and are required to complete more in-depth studies to develop high level skills and competencies to become independent learners.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Applecross Senior High School can be found by visiting www.applecross.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Rebecca McInnes, Business Support Officer, by telephoning (08) 9314 9306 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Rebecca McInnes on 0438 661 775.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 24 January 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.