Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE717935
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Salary packaging arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work time arrangements
The Role and our Branch
The Western Australian public school system is a major contributor to the State’s prosperity and growth as a fair society promoting the wellbeing and participation of all its citizens. In the WA Department of Education, our strategic directions focus on every student, every classroom, every day with aspiration to provide every student with a pathway to a successful future.
The ICT Architecture and Systems Analysis branch contributes to our strategic directions by providing effective governance and support for the delivery of innovative and secure digital capability. Through the service streams of Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture and Business System Analysis, we help build, maintain and apply a holistic view of the Department's information technology strategy, processes, information security and ICT architecture in information systems and technology. We help ensure that ICT strategy and design are aligned with, and responsive to, the mission, strategy and processes of the Department.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our branch as a Solution Architect. You will:
- Contribute to digital innovations via system thinking design approach
- Develop and maintain solution designs and blueprints
- Produce solution option papers to offer digital choices
- Participate in the ICT architecture review and advisory process
- Collaborate closely with Business Analysts to fulfill business requirements
The successful applicant ideally will have experience across multiple ICT areas, be proficient in the development and maintenance of solution designs and blueprints to meet current and future business requirements. You will also be knowledgeable in reviewing, publishing and communicating agreed solution architecture. You will possess the ability to research and analyse, in consultation with internal and external stakeholders, to develop fit for purpose solution designs.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
1. Demonstrated well developed knowledge and understanding of architecture methodologies, business systems analysis and security frameworks.
7. Demonstrated well developed analytical and conceptual skills to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Michael Cheung, Manager, ICT Architecture and Systems Analysis, by telephoning (08) 9264 5758 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of one (1) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 21 January 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.