Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS720072
Tom Price Senior High School (SHS) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
We are seeking efficient, suitably qualified, caring Education Assistant – Special Needs equipped with the ability and skills to form good relationships with students to assist in progressing their education and reaching their full potential whilst working as part of a team. Suitable applicants will have the ability and experience to assist in our Intervention program, Reading/Literacy and Mathematics programs as well as our Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) specialised learning program.
Suitable applicants ideally will also have experience in working in an environment with special needs children in the mainstream classroom. It is highly desirable that you will have the ability to read the play and set up structures and boundaries to suit individual students. Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively, be flexible and open to change is highly desirable.
At Tom Price SHS, we provide a quality education and nurturing learning environment that prepares our students to achieve their goals, both academic and non-academic. Our school’s vision is to inspire students to embrace their diversity and be passionate about learning in order to achieve their personal best.
Tom Price SHS is an Independent Public School located near the picturesque surrounds of the Karijini National Park 1600km from Perth, servicing students who live in the towns of Tom Price, Paraburdoo and the nearby Aboriginal communities Wakuthuni and Bellary.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Tom Price SHS can be found by visiting www.tompriceshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Barb O'Neill, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Tom Price, by telephoning (08) 9188 3650 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Barb O’Neill on 0438 901 099.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 4 February 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.