The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
The Security Operations Centre Team Leader manages the operation of the Security Operations Centre that supports the day-to-day running of the Public Transport Authority.
Importantly, this role is also responsible for achieving a secure and reliable integrated network across all operational and corporate technology and will manage the cyber security threat against the organization using appropriate systems and controls in line with the necessary government legislation, regulations and standards.
Who are we looking for?
- The successful candidate will possess a Computer Science or Cyber Security related qualification with extensive experience of managing a complex network environment.
- Previous experience of managing network and security teams in a complex operational/information technology environment
- Highly developed leadership skills with the ability to work with others at all levels and across and organisation in a professional way.
- Excellent, written, verbal interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain strategic relations, and deal with high level consultations and negotiations.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills including the ability to provide innovative thinking in identifying solution to complex business problems.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Applicants are advised of the WA Government’s recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA (including Public Transport). Applicants may be required to be vaccinated to be eligible for employment. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
Please contact David Taylor, Manager Security and Network Controls on (08) 9326 5841 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A comprehensive current CV, with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing Selection Criteria 1,2,3 and 4 from the JDF, in no more than 3 pages;
- Core Competencies
- Leadership and Management
- Communication and Interpersonal
- Conceptual, Analytical and Problem Solving
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Please note: It is intended that interviews for this position will be held during the week of 24 January 2022.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.