The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
Are you tired of your 9 to 5 job or missing a work/life balance in a Fly-In-Fly-Out lifestyle? Or simply looking for a change in career? We are seeking interested individuals who can excel in a fast paced, electrifying 24/7 rail environment. Perth’s public transport is entering an exciting phase of expansion and change, and we need Network Control Officers (NCOs) to meet current and future demands. All our NCOs are based in the Perth metropolitan area and will be working from a new, state-of-the-art, fully integrated control centre scheduled for completion in 2024.
As a Network Control Officer, you will play a pivotal role in the management and safety of rail operations and maintenance activities across the PTA rail network. You will be working with a range of people and jobs, particularly within the Transperth Train Operations Division and will be primarily responsible for controlling rail traffic movements, safe working activities and responding to unplanned events in order to meet our passenger expectations. NCOs must be available for shift and/or weekend work as required, and work to a 24 hour day, 7 day a week roster.
What’s on offer?
Provided you have the attributes we seek, you will be given 6 months full training, along with an attractive remuneration package, five weeks annual leave, uniforms, access to an on-site gym, free travel on public transport and opportunities for career development.
What will I earn?
As a qualified Network Control Officer, you could earn up to $120k pa, including superannuation plus approximately $20k additional remuneration for working shift work and on weekends as required.
What does a successful candidate look like?
We are looking for:
- Flexible thinkers, willing to embrace change
- Excellent communication skills to provide a quality customer service
- Ability to prioritise their workload to meet exacting timelines
- Ability to work within a team or autonomously as the situation requires
- Critical thinkers who can find solutions to problems
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
If this sounds like you then APPLY NOW.
Want to know what it's like to be a Network Control Officer? Take a look at this video to hear direct from some of our existing Network Control Officers.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Ms Lyn Marrinan, Training Consultant (Network Control), via email on email@example.com for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
Pool Recruitment Process
As this is a two-month recruitment pool process, the following conditions will apply:
- The panel will monitor this recruitment pool and assess new applications on a regular basis
- Suitable applicants will be placed in the pool from which appointments may be made when vacancies occur on a fixed term or permanent basis
- Placement into the pool does not guarantee you appointment to a position
- This pool will remain open until 31 January 2023 or until the pool has been exhausted
All selection criteria listed in the Job Description Form (JDF) will be tested throughout the selection process and there will be several stages including:
- Written application
- Panel interview
- Psychometric and practical assessment
- Medical assessment
- National police clearance
Applicants are advised of the WA Government’s recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA (including Public Transport). Applicants may be required to be vaccinated to be eligible for employment. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV and a covering letter outlining any relevant experience with two work related referees;
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.