Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS718735
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Lesmurdie Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint an organised and dedicated Cleaner to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, in accordance with the Department’s procedures. The duties include the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, drinking troughs and other items of general cleaning.
In addition to this, the successful applicant will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge.
In this role you will ideally have good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You should be organised, honest, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
Set in the beautiful Perth Hills, Lesmurdie SHS was established in 1981 and currently has a growing population of over 1000 students and 100 staff. Rich in community spirit, our school boasts the best of both worlds, a semi-rural location surrounded by bushland, just 30 minutes from the CBD. With leafy, open grounds, friendly students and staff, we pride ourselves on building positive relationships within our school. We are an inclusive school and embrace our growing diversity. We are proud of the ‘Lesmurdie Way’ which fosters a feeling of togetherness, caring and a sense of family.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Lesmurdie Senior High School please visit www.lesmurdie.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Lyn Harris, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9291 1200 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 13 December 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.