Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE720521
This position is available on a five (5) year fixed term, full time basis, commencing ASAP
Shape the future direction of the WA public school system
The Department of Education is the WA public sector’s largest employer, with over 55,000 staff across the state delivering quality education to over 317,000 students. This role presents a unique opportunity to be a key contributor to the Department’s future strategic directions impacting on the educational outcomes of WA children.
With a commitment to improving student educational outcomes, you will oversee and contribute to policy and reform initiatives, using evidence-based analysis to drive decision making at all levels. You will be a pivotal member of the Department’s Corporate Executive team, providing expertise on system-wide educational reform and improvement to achieve excellence for public education in Western Australia.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Oversight and coordination of international and national education reform impacting WA schools, leading to contemporary best practice in education;
- Leading the Department’s program of school review;
- The establishment of school accountability processes, including State and National student assessment programs;
- Providing strategic advice to key stakeholders to promote and support culturally responsive educational programs;
- Overseeing the regulation and registration of non-government schools, and international education; and
- Overseeing system and school performance data to drive decision making at all levels.
To achieve success in this role, we are seeking a strategic and engaged leader. Candidates with extensive experience in contributing to system wide educational strategies at a senior organisational level are encouraged to apply.
More details on the role and the Selection Criteria can be found in the attached Job Description Form (JDF). You can also visit education.wa.edu.au to find out more about the Department of Education.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (the selection criteria):
- Shapes and manages strategy
- Achieves results
- Builds productive relationships
- Exemplifies personal integrity and self-awareness
- Communicates and influences effectively
Applications will be assessed against these work-related requirements. It is recommended that you consider all information contained in this advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please contact Damien Stewart, Executive Director Workforce, by telephoning (08) 9264 4616 or emailing Damien.Stewart@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing Selection Criteria 1, 2 and 3. Responses should be in the context of the role and business. Please note that for applicants who are shortlisted, all Selection Criteria listed in the JDF and advertisement will be assessed at some stage during the selection process;
- A current CV outlining your experience and capabilities relevant to the role; and
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia)
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 10 December 2021
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.