Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS717734
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Swan View Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
As the first point of contact for our school, the School Officer is responsible for building positive relationships with students, parents/guardians, staff and the wider community. Using their strong interpersonal skills, the suitable applicants should possess excellence in customer service delivery and be passionate about providing effective clerical support. They will be responsible for meeting and greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries. The suitable applicants will also assist in student services dealing with absentees, parent contact and other duties as directed.
Suitable applicants will have the ability to meet deadlines and work well within a team environment. They will use their excellent oral and written communication skills to perform a number of student-related activities; such as general data entry, enrolments and word processing. As such, experience in using relevant software platforms such as Microsoft Office, SIS/Integris, Passtab, and RM Billing is desirable.
Swan View SHS is located in the foothills of Perth close to John Forrest National Park. It was opened in 1977 on an 11.6-hectare site. The School draws students from areas of the Swan Valley, Swan View, Stratton, Middle Swan, Bellevue, Koongamia, Midvale and also attracts a number of students from the hills suburbs of Greenmount, Glen Forrest and Helena Valley. This provides the school with a diverse and capable student population with a powerful sense of community. The school is inclusive with strong links to local Aboriginal community and culture.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Swan View Senior High School can be found by visiting svshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Bronwyn Jacobson, by telephoning (08) 9294 6100 or emailing Bronwyn.Jacobson@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- Up to a three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 6 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.