Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE710226
This is a twenty (20) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension and/or permanency
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Department of Education's School Performance branch is offering an opportunity to a highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed candidate to join their team in the position of Senior Information Analyst.
The Senior Information Analyst will undertake high level data analysis and interpretation that transforms data from a range of sources into information that supports corporate planning, decision making and reporting. The successful applicant will be required to provide business user representation and consultancy services for the development, enhancement and maintenance of key information systems and data sets.
The Senior Information Analyst identifies, manipulates, interrogates and interprets data from a range of departmental and external sources whilst providing interpretive advice on collected data to Departmental staff.
Whilst in this role you will undertake research to identify opportunities to improve data analysis and reporting processes as well as maintain data integrity and adopt meticulous documentation standards and high quality processes for analysing, interpreting and reporting data.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated substantial experience and skills in analysing data and transforming it into information that meets the needs of corporate and other clients.
- Demonstrated substantial understanding of the principles of, and extensive experience with, data collection, interpretation, management and reporting.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the ability to liaise and consult with individuals, groups and organisations at all levels and in a variety of contexts.
- Demonstrated highly developed written and verbal communication skills with experience in the preparation and presentation of information to a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, coordinating, resourcing and monitoring business activities and projects to achieve desired outcomes.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Bronwyn Whitfield by telephoning (08) 9264 4686 or emailing Bronwyn.Whitfield@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday 1 December 2021
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.