Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS717474
Ellenbrook Secondary College (SC) are seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistants – Special Needs for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise at the commencement of the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2022.
Education Assistants - Special Needs are responsible for assisting teachers with preparing resources and programs that meet the learning needs of students with disabilities and learning difficulties, and to encourage these students to reach their individual goals. Suitable applicants should be able to provide effective feedback when required on education and participate in the evaluation process relating to the achievement of student’s individual goals.
Applicants may also be required to support students in the workplace and in the community (e.g. Travel Training). Suitable applicants will ideally be skilled in the use of information technology (IT) to assist teachers and students if required.
In addition, applicants should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with the teacher to create and maintain a supportive, inclusive education program to meet the specific needs of the students. You will ideally be organised and able to use your initiative to assist the teacher with the general care and well-being of students and maintenance of the learning environment. It is desirable that staff would hold or be willing to be trained First Aid.
As part of the Learning Support Team, suitable applicants should be committed to high expectations and high levels of capabilities and performance. If you are competent and passionate, with the natural ability to communicate and build relationships with students, staff, parents and the wider school community, we encourage you to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to provide an example to demonstrate skills and experience for each of the work-related requirements (selection criteria) indicated below.
Ellenbrook SC is an Independent Public School catering for students from Year 7 to Year 12 on a modern campus. The College seeks to engage students and staff in an innovative and enriching educational environment. Ellenbrook SC is committed to operational and educational excellence and the students and staff are proud of their achievements and the contributions they make to the college and wider community.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ellenbrook SC can be found by visiting ellenbrooksc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Diarmuid McDonagh, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9297 9700 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- Up to a six (6) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.