Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS713342
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Swanbourne Primary School (PS) is seeking a passionate Gardener – Handyperson to join their school.
The successful applicant will ideally possess good interpersonal skills, along with the ability to receive and carry out instructions as required. You will perform tasks and duties using safe work practices and maintain accurate gardening records.
Applicants who display experience servicing gardening/horticultural equipment and being able to carry out minor repairs and maintenance will be highly regarded. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are highly desirable as to provide grounds and maintenance advice and support to the Manager Corporate Services.
Swanbourne PS has a rich history and reputation as a forward-thinking, progressive school with a firm focus on high performance and high care. 'STRIVE' is our mindset for building a strong and vibrant school culture that reflects Success, Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Vision and Excellence.
We pride ourselves on being inclusive and valuing the ideas and support of others. Building positive and productive relationships and partnerships and the need to work together as a caring and supportive team with our stakeholders is very important to us.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Swanbourne Primary School please visit swanbourneprimary.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Olga White, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9253 5300 or emailing Olga.White@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria listed below:
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Email your completed application form and documents to Olga.White@education.wa.edu.au before the closing date and time
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 2 December 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.