Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH712167
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
Are you a creative Arts teacher motivated in shaping our students’ future?
Walpole Primary School (PS) is seeking an extraordinary, inspiring and engaging teacher of The Arts to join our team.
The successful applicant will endeavour to stimulate every child and strive to develop their skills for them to thrive. You will ideally have highly developed skills and experience in teaching an area of The Arts such as Dance, Drama, Media, Music and/or Visual. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are key to this role, as is a willingness to liaise with colleagues, parents and external networks to establish strong community partnerships.
As the successful applicant, you should be relationship focused with a consistent and transparent classroom management approach. You should be enthusiastic, seek opportunities for innovation and leadership, and desirably have the proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Walpole PS epitomises the best that small, local schools offer. The school is situated in the Walpole Wilderness, surrounded by forest, inlet and ocean. Our staff are very experienced, continually striving to provide students with a state of the art education. Our broad and deep curriculum allows students to extend and build on their knowledge in a safe and caring learning environment. Our classroom sizes are kept small, allowing teachers to provide individualised attention to students and differentiation of the curriculum.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Walpole Primary School can be found by visiting www.walpoleps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Christine Cook, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Walpole, by telephoning (08) 9840 1020 or emailing Christine.Cook@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of up to four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Monday, 15 November 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.