Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS702379
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2022
West Byford Primary School (PS) is looking for a Cleaner in Charge (CIC) to lead the school’s team of cleaners.
This is a job share position – the successful applicant will be working in the afternoon, while our other Cleaner in Charge completes the morning shift.
About the Role
Your role will include:
- Organising and supervising the cleaning staff - you should possess good communication skills and have knowledge of cleaning processes and equipment
- Ordering and maintaining stock and equipment - previous experience in this area would be ideal
- Discussing all cleaning, staffing and performance issues with the Manager Corporate Services – you should be a good team member and reliable worker
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
About the School
West Byford PS opened in February 2013. It has immaculate school grounds and classrooms and our students and staff enjoy state of the art facilities in a fresh, contemporary environment. Facilities include a specialist Early Childhood Learning Block, four General Classroom Blocks, an undercover area (with a canteen and Music room) and Library. The spacious landscaped grounds provide an abundance of play and quiet sitting areas, hard courts for tennis, basketball and netball; cricket nets and playgrounds that provide challenging and enjoyable physical activity.
Location and community
Byford is a rapidly growing suburb that includes a mix of young families, and established families that are a part of the rural history of the area. The country feel positively contributes to the friendly, relaxed atmosphere residents enjoy.
West Byford PS falls under the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale. For more information visit here.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Who are we?
Visit our website to view content about our school, staff and students as well as community members. More Information can also be located on Schools Online.
You are encouraged to contact Danielle Meyn, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9526 6550 or emailing Danielle.Meyn@education.wa.edu.au for information about this opportunity.
Your application should include:
- A detailed Resume.
Your Resume should include details about your previous work history and experience. Ideally it will include previous experience or skills in leading or supervising teams and working with others (interpersonal skills).
Your Resume should also include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 9.00am and 2.00pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time as available computers are limited. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception 101 Kardan Boulevard, Byford before the closing date and time.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 12 November 2021.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED