Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH711097
Rangeway Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of engaging and professional Primary Teachers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
Suitable applicants will ideally have the ability to work in a collaborative environment, have a high level of interpersonal skills, a strong commitment to professional learning and sharing with others and be willing to take on responsibilities beyond the classroom. Knowledge of Sounds-Write, Talk4Writing and iMaths programs would be desirable but not essential.
Rangeway PS has a very strong collaborative environment where we all work together and are accountable and responsible for the learning of every child in the school. We have a deep understanding of and connection to the students, staff and families of the Rangeway PS community and broader community.
Rangeway PS, located in Geraldton in the Midwest region, is recognised as being socio-economically disadvantaged with an Index of Community Social-Educational Advantage (ICSEA) value of 755 which places it in the tenth decile of social disadvantage. With an enrolment of 273, seventy-four percent of students are Aboriginal.
Complex and inter-related factors such as intergenerational poverty, domestic violence, mental health issues, drugs, alcohol, poor attendance and high rates of transiency contribute to significant disadvantage factors which impact on learning potential.
Despite these disadvantage factors, staff at Rangeway PS hold high expectations for academic achievement, often achieving above ‘like school’ standards due to the supportive and collaborative environment created at the school.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rangeway Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Jade Fallon, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Rangeway, by telephoning (08) 9968 1700 or emailing Jade.Fallon@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 12 November 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.