Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS711643
Caversham Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistants - Special Needs for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 and the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 and 2022 school year.
Suitable applicants will assist the teacher in planning, delivery and monitoring of specialised educational programs. They will encourage a supportive and inclusive learning environment across the whole school. They provide feedback on education and therapy programs, and provide feedback to the caregiver/parent in regards to a student's progress. Suitable applicants will work in a collaborative team environment and have the capacity to work independently when required. It is an expectation that all staff work together to meet the focus areas of the school business plan.
Caversham PS has made a commitment to our students, our community and to ourselves that all students will achieve success. The fundamental purpose of our school is that all students learn at high levels. Our staff make the following commitments:
- We have an unrelenting focus on student learning.
- We work collaboratively with you to achieve this focus.
- We respond when students don’t learn and extend the learning of those who are proficient.
- When we talk about all students being successful, we mean every single student in our school community.
Caversham PS is a wonderfully nurturing place for all children to learn and grow. Our vision is that as a school community we will teach, learn and reflect society's expectations whilst embracing educational change through a supportive environment that recognises and acknowledges individual needs and achievement. All staff, the supportive parents and school community are committed to achieving this vision. We are experienced and enthusiastic with a wide variety of interests and professional expertise. We are focussed on developing a professional learning community that believes in the power of reflection, planning and the development of partnerships.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Caversham Primary School can be found by visiting cavershamps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Eliza Outred, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9218 6850 or emailing Eliza.Outred@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 3 November 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.