Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH712176
Port Kennedy Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool of Primary Teachers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year.
We are seeking enthusiastic and highly motivated applicants who possess exemplary teaching skills including Explicit Instruction (Prime Maths, Spelling Mastery, Daily Reviews and Engagement). Suitable applicants should have the ability to work in an environment characterised by whole school connected practice, a strong commitment to professional growth and collaborative team structures.
It is desirable that applicants possess a sound knowledge of Classroom Management Strategies and Trauma Informed Practice. Applicants should be willing to engage in coaching to improve performance and show data informed practice, have an evidence based approach and strong curriculum knowledge of English and Maths.
Our team works together to foster and encourage innovation, and make student academic achievement the core of our work. Suitable applicants should be highly organised and have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with peers. Additionally, they should possess the ability to work effectively as part of a team, be willing to participate in coaching and peer observation as part of their professional growth, and a commitment to working with parents and the wider community.
They will be expected to develop and consolidate classroom teaching programs utilising our whole school approaches which are based on effective, contemporary curriculum, pedagogy and practice.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Port Kennedy Primary School can be found by visiting www.portkennedyps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information
Please contact Dane Franklin, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9553 0950 or emailing Dane.Franklin@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and.
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday 4 November, 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.