Please be advised the closing date for this advert has been extended.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH697729
Interested in enabling school communities to educate students with high support needs?
Durham Road School is seeking to establish a pool of Education Support Teachers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2022.
Durham Road School is located in Bayswater, with four offsite classrooms at Embleton Primary School.
Suitable applicants will ideally be enthusiastic and dedicated to teaching students with moderate to severe intellectual disabilities, physical disabilities, autism and sensory impairment. Classes range from Kindergarten to year 13. The school is organised in four phases: Early Years, Primary, Lower Secondary and Upper Secondary.
Durham Road School is built on six core values: Kids Come First, Every Day is a New Day, Teachers Who Care, High Expectations and Support Equals Achievement, Stronger Together and Above and Beyond.
Suitable applicants will ideally display an understanding of evidence based practice and specialist education support pedagogy. We are seeking applicants in all phases of schooling, and innovative DOTT provision. Our large teaching staff is diverse and consists of graduate to lead teachers. We are leaders in staff development and provide comprehensive support to build the skills and capacity of staff.
Applications from graduate teachers are encouraged.
Teachers who are proficient in Early Intervention, Balanced Literacy, Functional Numeracy, Applied Behavioural Analysis, Alternative Augmentative Communication strategies, Functional Behaviour Analysis, Positive Behaviour Support, Protective Behaviours, Social Skills, Independent Living Skills, Work Place Learning and preparation for life post-school are encouraged to apply
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Durham Road School can be found by visiting durhamroads.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
Please contact Linda Lane, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9238 0900 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 12 November 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.