The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
This is an exciting time to join the PTA and help shape the future of Perth’s public transport.
In this unique position, the successful applicant will oversee and manage the operations of the Transperth Train Operations (TTO) Depot at Nowergup including providing leadership, management and direction to personnel; as well as provides expert advice and contributes to the management and development of the rail network and passenger services.
There is currently one (1) full time permanent position available for immediate start.
To be successful in the role, you will need to have:
- Substantial knowledge of and/or experience within a rail operations environment, including understanding of Rail Safety National Law, Occupational Safety and Health legislation and principles and current issues and trends impacting on the rail industry.
- Proven ability to interpret and apply Industrial Awards and Agreements.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Well developed conceptual and analytical skills, including policy/ process/ procedure/ development and review.
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr. Murray Rowe, A/Operations Manager on 0400 282 114 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees;
- A written application addressing Selection Criteria 1, 2, 3 & 4 from the JDF, in no more than 3 pages.
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.
The PTA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur for up to 12 months.