Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE681326
This is a seven (7) month fixed term, part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing July 2021, with possible increase in FTE and/or extension until December 2022
The Payroll and Administration Officer will provide accurate and timely personnel, payroll and administration services to the section, including the creation and maintaining of employee records for all casual and temporary employees. The successful applicant will maintain an understanding of Interm and VacSwim programs procedures and guidelines. You will maintain and apply a current understanding of applicable industrial instruments, legislation, policy and procedures to personnel and payroll activities.
The successful applicant will input commencements, job and personal data for all casual and temporary employees whilst undertaking screening validity checks prior to the appointment of employees. You will liaise with Program Coordinators – Swimming to ensure data is correct prior to processing, manipulate data and upload high volume electronic Interm and VacSwim swimming staff pay sheets onto the payroll system.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in undertaking payroll duties in line with industrial instruments, including processing salaries for a variety of staff.
- Knowledge and experience in administrative and clerical procedures with the ability to provide quality customer services.
- Well-developed data entry and computer skills including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Initiative and sound organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and work independently and as part of a team.
- Sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Leonie McKenzie, Team Leader, Swimming and Water Safety, by telephoning (08) 9402 6385 or emailing Leonie.McKenzie@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 19 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED