Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE681917
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP.
The Business and Customer Services (BCS) Directorate within the Education Business Services Division, is looking to recruit a highly motivated, passionate and committed Librarian to join our team in the Corporate Information Services branch.
The Librarian (School Library Support) will work under the direction of the Library Manager to coordinate the School Library Support project to develop and maintain documents to direct and support school library operations, and will provide advice and guidance to school library staff. You will create online content, collaborate with school library staff and other relevant parties, and undertake research to ensure WA public schools are receiving the best advice to deliver consistently high quality library services to students and school staff.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience and highly developed skills working with library management systems and other related computer applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Kindergarten – Year 12 school library environment.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders, and provide a customer-focused service.
- Ability to innovate to find creative solutions to complex problems.
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Nicole Angwin Library Manager - Corporate Information Services,by telephoning (08) 9264 4048 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria one (1), two (2), & four (4), in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- possess a relevant tertiary qualification and be eligible for Associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- hold or obtain a current Class C Western Australian Driver’s Licence
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 18 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED