Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS682075
Do you possess good communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Castletown Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2022.
As a School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. Suitable applicants will have a friendly, positive and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community.
Suitable applicants should possess attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines and work well within a team environment. You will be expected to model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with administration team, school support staff, our school community and teaching staff. In addition, you will be expected to support student-related activities such as assisting with student enrolment procedures and operate a range of software packages particularly databases and word processing.
Castletown PS is one of three Level 5 Primary Schools situated in the seaside town of Esperance 720 kms from Perth. Established in 1966 with a population of 139 students, the school now caters for 510 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. There are 340 families in the school. Approximately 15% of our children are bus children, travelling in from outlying rural hinterland. Seven buses serve the school. The remainder of the school population is typically urban with children from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Castletown PS prides itself on having a strong ethos of being an inclusive and caring and being a friendly community where everyone is valued and respected. Our Virtues program and Positive Behaviour Management policy encourages our students to have respect and concern for others and their rights. We have high expectations of our students and ourselves, set standards of excellence and strive to achieve them.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Castletown Primary School can be found by visiting www.castletownprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Tania Barnes, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Castletown, by telephoning (08) 9076 2800 or emailing Tania.Barnes@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 14 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.