Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE679193
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP
The Qualified Cook will manage high levels of quality control, storage and hygiene in accordance with occupational safety and health standards and requirements whilst managing catering for Camp School activities and clients, including, menu planning, food preparation, cooking, stock control, ordering goods and quality control.
The successful applicant will oversee cleaning of the kitchen, utensils and equipment and clear waste to appropriate areas. You will ensure pantries, freezers, cool rooms and store rooms are cleaned whilst promptly reporting equipment and facilities faults. The successful applicant will manage and supervise catering staff whilst undertaking other related catering duties, as required.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Ability to carry out the duties of a cook, for 50 to 110 students, to a high standard, including catering for special dietary requirements.
- Ability to manage and control stock and uphold health and safety standards in relation to food and kitchen hygiene.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to youth.
- Flexibility in response to changing work needs.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Elizabeth Moody, Manager, by telephoning (08) 9041 7500 or emailing Elizabeth.email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- At least one (1) page statement addressing the selection criteria in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to at least one (1) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 17 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED