Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS680584
This is a permanent part-time (0.35FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Australind Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a Home Economics Assistant that is energetic and well organised, a team player with great communication skills to join our team. The successful applicant will be able to work independently.
The role of the Home Economics Assistant is to assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs. At any one time of the day there may be five staff teaching at the same time, so the successful applicant will be highly competent and organised with time management and able to prioritise tasks. We have two separate facilities on our school site. One of which is our senior school Commercial kitchen with classes that operate from this facility. While our lower school students cook in two food preparation rooms. This role also involves cleaning and maintaining of equipment, fixtures and fittings and laundry duties. Previous experience in working within a commercial setting would be highly desirable.
The Home Economics Centre can be a very busy and dynamic operation, the smooth running of which depends on the assistants being highly organised and supporting the student’s educational programme. The Home Economic assistant will be responsible for placing food orders online and ordering stock. As such computer skills will be highly regarded.
Australind SHS has a proud history of academic, sporting, and human success. Today, as it embarks on its journey as an Independent Public School, it looks to the future with keenness and energy, determined to continue to provide its students with a first class education and a fulfilling and well-rounded schooling experience.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Australind Senior High School can be found by visiting www.australind.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Maureen Bailey, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Australind, by telephoning (08) 9797 4405 or emailing Maureen.Bailey@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A six (6) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 21 May 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.