Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS682738
Children are at the heart of our school. Are you hardworking and passionate about assisting teachers to help students reach their potential? Do you have the energy and fortitude to work in a new school environment with high expectations and a commitment to excellence and collaborative practices?
Beenyup Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and reliable Education Assistants - Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2022.
Education Assistants are a highly valued part of the Beenyup Primary’s team and can expect to be involved in the professional learning of the school as well as being integral to the delivery of our Positive Behaviour in Schools (“PBS”) and Wellbeing frameworks. Suitable applicants will display respect, kindness and teamwork at all times. They will also have high expectations for all students and be committed to whole school approaches.
To help optimise the achievement of learning, developmental, health and wellbeing outcomes for students, suitable applicants will have a passion and strong desire to assist students from all diversities and possess the skills to build positive, respectful relationships with both staff and students through good interpersonal and communication skills. Applicants who possess professional flexibility, are innovative and challenge themselves will be held in high regard.
Suitable applicants will be required to assist the teacher, under direction, in the delivery of planned education programs, including the use of Infomration Communication Technology (ICT), and implement individual and small group programs and demonstrations. They will assist with the organisation and preparation of a safe and supportive learning environment and with the care and supervision of students in out-of-class activities and on school excursions.
Beenyup PS are building a nurturing community who embrace a collective responsibility of building brighter futures together for our children. We provide a sense of belonging and the opportunity for every child, every day to find joy, be challenged and experience success.
Our commitment to families is to offer a first-class education in state-of-the-art facilities so that our students not only grow but thrive. Accordingly, our highly skilled staff deliver:
- evidence-based teaching practices
- purposeful play-based learning
- student empowerment regarding ownership of learning
- social and emotional learning incorporating our pastoral care program
- positive behaviour education to ensure our school is a caring, safe and inclusive environment
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Beenyup Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Teena Hind, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9526 6500 or emailing Teena.Hind@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten Students are required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or equivalent), consistent with the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care, as determined by the Principal. Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 12 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.