Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE676966
Teacher Development is seeking to establish a pool of Education Officers for appointments to fixed term, full-time vacancies which may arise during 2021 and 2022 up until the end of Semester 1, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencement in 2021 and 2022 up until the end of Semester 1 2022.
The Statewide Services Division is responsible for the central portfolios that deliver support services to students and schools across the state to improve educational outcomes for all students. This includes closely collaborating with regions to ensure there is state-wide integration of support to schools and students delivered through regional networks, providing policy advice, allocating resources, and monitoring programs and services to ensure high standards.
Education Officers assist in the development, design and delivery of high quality programs. Suitable applicants will display a current knowledge of educational trends and professional learning methodologies and the ability to establish and maintain working relationships across schools and regions and within the Department.
Education Officers provide support to graduate teachers across the state to grow and develop professionally. The role requires the provision feedback to grauate teachers on observed classroom practices and in the areas of planning, pedagogy and assessment.
The successful applicants will have an understanding of coaching approaches that can be used to meet the challenges faced by newly appointed teachers, high level interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively. This position requires the successful facilitation of scripted professional learning.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning practices.
- Skills and experience in implementing, monitoring and reviewing professional learning and support programs.
- Highly developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective partnerships within and outside the Department.
- Ability to deal effectively with change, embrace flexibility and generate innovative solutions related to teaching and learning.
- Highly developed written communication and presentation skills, including experience in the preparation of reports, briefings and other documentation to support and inform senior officer
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Feni Bembridge, Principal Consultant, by telephoning (08) 6206 2065 or emailing Feni.Bembridge@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 19 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINEPROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED