Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS672599
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
North Kalgoorlie Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join their friendly and dynamic team.
As Cleaner, you would carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, cleaning of drinking troughs, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other duties such as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
North Kalgoorlie PS is located in the vibrant yet tranquil suburb of Lamington. Lamington is one of Kalgoorlie's oldest and finest suburbs. The school first opened in 1902 and boasts a tradition and spirit that brings the community together as one.
Students at North Kalgoorlie PS are from varied backgrounds. Some are fourth generation Kalgoorlie born families. Some are families involved in the mining industry who move location regularly. Others are from various Aboriginal groups around the state and country.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about North Kalgoorlie Primary School please visit http://www.northkalgoorlieps.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Lynda Basley, Manager of Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning 9092 5850 or emailing Lynda.firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
You need to provide a detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
You need to provide a cover letter/statement of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 12 March 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.