Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP673370
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Are you a passionate and inspiring leader?
Takari Primary School (PS) are seeking a highly motivated and flexible Deputy Principal who is dedicated to providing the best possible outcomes for all children.
The successful applicant will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills across all areas of the school community. Duties will include mentoring and developing staff skills, coordinating and implementing school operational processes, liaising with parents/carers of students at risk and behaviour management. The Deputy Principal provides educational leadership in the school and the community by helping develop and promote the school values, ethos and priorities, and encouraging staff, volunteers from the community, and others, to share ownership of the school’s vision and goals.
Previous experience and success in implementing and maintaining whole school Literacy, Numeracy and Students at Educational Risk programs would be highly beneficial to the successful applicant.
Takari is the Aboriginal meaning for 'Tomorrow'. Established in 1969, Takari PS is located in the northern suburbs of Perth in the Balcatta area. We cater for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. With an approximate population of 170 students, we are a small school where every child is known and valued. The Takari staff is committed to providing a supportive, safe and nurturing environment to all our students.
Our school prides itself on being culturally diverse. Our students are encouraged to celebrate differences and welcome others into the school community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Takari PS can be found by visiting takarips.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact David Tennant, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9253 4550 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to four (4) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 5 March 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.