Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS673002
This is a permanent part-time (0.28FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Can you make our school sparkle?
Greenmount Primary is seeking to appoint a hardworking and dedicated Cleaner to join our friendly and supportive team.
As the successful applicant you will demonstrate initiative, good interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, as well as exceptional organisational skills. You will need to be motivated, and possess the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently. Previous experience along with knowledge of safety requirements and procedures will be highly regarded.
As a cleaner you would carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Since 2015, Greenmount Primary has been an Independent Public School. Located on the historical site of Blackboy Hill, 20km east of the CBD, Greenmount Primary School has an excellent reputation for being a friendly, caring community with a focus on nurturing all students throughout their primary school years.
All students are taught to be kind with their words and actions, include everyone in their games and activities and keep the school safe and orderly. Teachers support and encourage the development of positive behaviours, explicitly teaching key social and resiliency skills. Students learn to make appropriate choices about behaviour and positive choices are acknowledged through a tiered system of awards which are presented at our assemblies.
Staff work together to engage 370 Kindergarten to Year 6 students in a varied, targeted academic program. Through collaborative planning, regular monitoring of student progress and providing additional support when required our teachers and education assistants are motivated to provide every child with the opportunity to do their very best.
Engaging classroom programs are also supported by programs in Visual Art, Physical Education, Japanese and Music which are taught by specialist teachers.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Greenmount Primary School please visit www.greenmountps.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Leah Stamenich by telephoning (08) 9257 0600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Monday, 8 March 2021.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED