Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS666939
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Are you an exceptional School Officer? If so, we want you to join our Administration team.
Pinjarra Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and organised School Officer to join our friendly team.
The successful applicant will maintain reception and general administration duties related to the daily operations of the school office. You will need to be highly organised and prioritise tasks effectively. We are seeking an individual with good verbal and written communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills and an ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Ideally, the successful applicant will be enthusiastic and provide great customer service. You should also possess excellent interpersonal skills as you will be the first point of call. You will provide accurate support and advice to parents, students, staff and community members through excellent communication skills.
At Pinjarra Primary School we provide an inclusive and safe learning environment. In 2017, Pinjarra Primary School became an Independent Public School. Our school vision - Respect, Create, Achieve is at the heart of our school's programs.
The social and emotional development of all students is a focus throughout the school. The diverse needs of the students are catered for through the school's inclusive practices. Our students have access to a comprehensive Pastoral Care System that provides support for students in all aspects of their schooling. Our School Chaplain, School Psychologist, Deputy Principals and Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer are available to assist all students and their families.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Pinjarra PS can be found by visiting www.pinjarraps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Luana Patten, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9531 1856 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 2 March 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.