Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE645317
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing November 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
The Integration Build and Deployment Directorate is looking to employ a technical and hands-on Business Systems Administrator to work in the ICT Solutions Development and Maintenance branch.
The role of the Business Systems Administrator is responsible for the technical upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia (TRBWA) information systems and other line of business systems from an applications systems perspective through appropriate system planning, administration, monitoring and management. The successful applicant will also develop and maintain knowledge of client business processes in relation to teacher registration.
Responsibilities of the role also include development and configuration of the CRM, ensuring system changes to the line of business systems are compliant with relevant ICT enterprise and solution architecture. The role will also follow best practices in implementing application configurations, interface changes, modifications to system integration, as well as data security management in accordance with Enterprise Security policies.
The successful applicant with experience and technical knowledge developing, configuring and supporting applications and Solution Development Life Cycle in the context of a large enterprise is highly desirable.
The Department is increasingly using the following cloud based technologies Azure services, Dynamics 365, Sharepoint Online, Power Platform, DNN)
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well-developed skills and experience in supporting, configuring and integrating information system in a large and complex organisation.
- Well-developed knowledge of functional elements and operations of information systems, including the integration and exploitation of system services and functions by other systems.
- Considerable experience in an application systems management/administration role.
- Considerable knowledge and experience to contribute to the development of ICT strategy, standards, practices and innovation.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with key internal and external stakeholders and build strong relationships.
- Well-developed skills and experience in recognising opportunities to enhance product/service delivery and capitalise on these through effective change strategies.
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Miriam Sanchez-Blanco, Manager by telephoning (08) 9264 4233 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria 1,2,3 and 6, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 5 October 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED