Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS636010
Beenyup Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaner for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2021.
Suitable applicants will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. In addition to the above, you will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, and other general cleaning as required by the Cleaner in Charge. Having a sound knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices to ensure the facilities are kept to the highest standard of cleanliness and safety would be highly desirable.
At Beenyup Primary School we will provide a sense of belonging and the opportunity for every child, every day to find joy, be challenged and experience success. We aim to build a nurturing community who embrace a collective responsibility of building brighter futures together for our children.
We use our first class facilities and resources flexibly and with purpose to foster student learning, development and wellbeing. Our focus on high quality learning and social-emotional well-being, shows our dedication to building brighter futures for our children.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Beenyup Primary School please visit beenyupps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Teena Hind, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9526 6500 or emailing Teena.Hind@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period (6 July - 17 July 2020) please contact Teena Hind on 0436 920 541
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
You need to provide a detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
You will also need to provide a cover letter/statement of no more than one page. Please address the selection criteria below by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria.
- Demonstrated ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
To submit your application, you will need:
- your CV
- your cover letter/statement addressing the selection criteria
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the application questions and attach your documents.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 6 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.