Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE635266
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible twelve (12 months) extension and/or permanency
Do you have an interest in maintaining school horticulture and grounds?
The Contracts Support Officer – Grounds assists with the management of turf mowing services contracts and conducts compliance checks against contract specifications and service delivery outcomes. You will undertake contract administration and maintain various databases and schedules to track contracts and contract payments.
Through the provision of advice, guidance and training to schools using contracted turf mowing services, you will support school stakeholders in completing reviews of services provided by contractors.
You will conduct research and update processes based on best practice, in addition to ensuring grounds issues are identified and assessed in accordance with Departmental policy, criteria and protocols. You will undertake research to contribute to Parliamentary, Ministerial and Departmental responses relating to such services.
With your communication skills, you will establish and maintain collaborate relationships and effective networks with contractors and internal and external stakeholders.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound practical experience and understanding of horticultural practices, procedures and grounds management systems.
- Practical experience in the procurement and management of contracts in an operational environment.
- Practical experience providing technical advice on mowing and related turf services.
- Sound ability to achieve outcomes and deliver quality products and services consistent with EBS, Department and school needs and defined quality expectations, including timeliness.
- Sound interpersonal and verbal communication skills to undertake consultation, collaboration, negotiation and build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders on commercial contracting issues.
- Sound written communication skills, including experience in contributing to reports, briefing papers and responses to Senior Executive and/or Ministerial/Parliamentary requests.
- Sound analytical and conceptual skills to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sue Bryant, Senior Contracts Coordinator, by telephoning (08) 9264 4888 or emailing Suzanne.Bryant@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent practical experience in horticultural practices, procedures and grounds management systems;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment;
- hold a current Western Australian ‘C’ Class drivers licence and be prepared to travel to regional areas when requested to deliver training or undertake peripheral duties.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 10 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED