Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE626098
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing August 2020, with possible extension (12 months)
The Integration Build and Deployment Directorate is looking to employ a dedicated and knowledgeable Business Systems Administrator to work in the ICT Solutions Development and Maintenance branch.
The role of the Business Systems Administrator is responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia (TRBWA) information systems and other line of business systems from an applications systems perspective through appropriate system planning, administration, monitoring and management. The successful applicant will also develop and maintain knowledge of client business processes in relation to teacher registration.
Responsibilities of the role also include the ensuring of system changes to the line of business systems, used by the TRBWA and others, are compliant with appropriate data requirements under relevant ICT enterprise and solution architecture. The role will also follow best practices in implementing application configurations, interface changes, modifications to system integration, as well as data security management in accordance with Enterprise Security policies.
The successful applicant must have substantial experience and technical knowledge in Microsoft and other application development technologies (e.g. Azure services, Logic Apps, Dynamics 365, Sharepoint, Power Platform, PureCloud, DNN) and Software Development Lifecycle in the context of a large enterprise.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our Branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well developed skills and experience in supporting, configuring and integrating information systems in a large and complex organisation
- Well developed knowledge of functional elements and operations of information systems, including the integration and exploitation of system services and functions by other systems.
- Considerable experience in an application systems management/administration role.
- Considerable knowledge and experience to contribute to the development of ICT strategy, standards, practices and innovation
- Well developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with key internal and external stakeholders and build strong relationships.
- Well developed skills and experience in recognising opportunities to enhance product/service delivery and capitalise on these through effective change strategies.
- Well developed analytical and conceptual skills to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Miriam Sanchez-Blanco, ICT Manager Solutions Development and Maintenance telephoning (08) 9264 4233 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements 1, 2, 3 and 6, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 6 July 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED