Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS607625
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020.
Melville Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an enthusiastic Workplace Learning Support Officer to join their dedicated team.
As our Structured Workplace Learning Officer you will be responsible for liaising with students, parents and employers to achieve high levels of Workplace Learning and work experience outcomes. Other responsibilities of this role may include liaising with outside agencies to establish, develop and support school based traineeships/apprenticeships and achieving positive outcomes for all Vocational Education and Training (VET) students. The successful applicant will have excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills as well as the ability to collaborate with others in a team environment.
At Melville SHS, our vision is to provide your child with opportunities that prepare them for ongoing learning and employment. With a strong reputation for innovation and a tradition of academic and vocational success, Melville SHS, in partnership with tertiary education and industry sectors, supports young people to follow their aspirations and pathways into careers that include medicine, accounting, teaching, agriculture, hospitality and various trades.
Melville SHS is a vibrant multicultural school that provides students with a world class education. We are an independent public school that has a fantastic energy - where creativity and joy for learning are readily apparent. Our school provides opportunities for intellectual, physical, creative and social development, with high-quality teaching and strong pastoral care relationships.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge and understanding of workplace learning outcomes and contexts with the ability to induct employers and students on workplace learning procedures and requirements
- Initiative and sound organisational skills with the ability to work independently to achieve planned outcomes within agreed timeframes
- Well-developed keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Sound written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to deal with individuals at all levels and work cooperatively with a broad range of people.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Melville SHS can be found by visiting www.melville.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Bruce Winfield, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08)6274 1302 or emailing Bruce.Winfield@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to four (4) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday 20 January 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.