Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE617805
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing February 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
The Financial Planning and Resourcing branch is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and productive Principal Resourcing Analyst to join their team.
This position will update the Department of Education’s cost and demand model (CDM) for the annual budget and Mid-Year Review submissions; analyse the impact of changes in Commonwealth funding arrangements; and review costing of the Department’s tariffs, fees and charges. The position will also contribute to the refinement of CDM and the development of funding agreement with the Department of Treasury.
The position will directly supervise a Senior Resourcing Analyst and contribute to the achievement of the branch’s and directorate’s goals.
Succesful applicants will have advanced financial modelling, substantial experience in budget preparation and reporting, analytical and conceptual skills, great interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our department for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following Work Related Requirements:
- Substantial knowledge and experience in contemporary financial management, including budget preparation, review and reporting, in a large/complex organisation.
- Substantial experience in financial modelling and analysis and knowledge of relevant tools and systems.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to undertake productive consultation, collaboration and negotiation and to build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders on complex financial issues.
- Highly developed written communication skills, including experience in preparing reports, briefing papers and responses to Senior Executive and/or Ministerial/Parliamentary requests.
- Highly developed skills and experience in achieving outcomes and delivering quality products and services consistent with customer needs and defined quality expectations, including timeliness.
- Highly developed analytical and conceptual skills to provide innovative solutions to complex problems
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sylvia Tjai, A/Manager Budget Strategy and Resourcing by telephoning (08) 9264 5065 or emailing Sylvia.Tjai@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to two (2) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements 1, 2, 4, 6 only in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold relevant tertiary qualification in business, commerce, finance or related field; and
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy, and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 28 January 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED