Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE615864
The Strategy and Projects Branch is seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2020.
The Strategy and Projects branch is at the forefront of online initiatives, working closely with schools and other branches to ensure quality and equitable education for all students. We are looking for a flexible and energetic team member with a good understanding of school processes and the education context to complement our diverse team.
The Principal Project Officer – E–Schooling will be responsible for implementing and coordinating online learning initiatives to support schools, teachers and students in relation to effective teaching and learning systems.
This role requires a dedicated and hardworking individual with sound project management skills to develop and implement high-quality online tools and services to meet current and emerging curriculum development and delivery requirements. Successful applicants will develop and coordinate policies and strategies to support the use of online tools and provide a responsive and diverse range of services including professional leadership and advice on research and best practice in online learning for students and staff. Strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills are essential to establish and maintain strategic partnerships with other divisions and business units across the Department and with external organisations.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- High level skills and experience in initiating, developing and implementing successful online learning programs, projects or strategies at school, education region or system level.
- High-level knowledge, understanding and experience with current and developing online learning policies and strategies.
- Ability to provide curriculum leadership and deal effectively with change in the area of online learning services delivery to K-12 education.
- High-level conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to develop strategic options and apply strategic thinking to achieve outcomes.
- Highly developed oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to undertake high-level consultations, collaborations and negotiations and provide a customer-focused service.
- Highly developed written communication skills, including experience in the preparation of digital resources and online services, tools and policies.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Jennifer McAuliffe, Principal Project Officer by telephoning (08) 9264 4774 or emailing Jennifer.McAuliffe@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 23 January 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED