Advertised Vacancy Number SS/SS616989
Join a dedicated and dynamic team and help make a difference to the community!
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year.
Suitable applicants will assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs, including the operation of computers; and, under teacher direction, implements individual or small group programs or demonstrations. They will assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials, and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations, and, assisting the teacher with clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities. They will assist the teacher with the care and supervision of students in out-of-class activities and on school excursions.
Carnarvon CC caters for approximately 700 students and is a college committed to creating the best possible learning environment for all students. High quality teaching and sound educational leadership will facilitate the drive to achieve optimal academic achievement.
Our school places significant focus on early years learning, Literacy and Numeracy. We seek to instil community commitment, confidence and high expectations for lifelong learning in a safe and happy learning environment.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Carnarvon Community College can be found by visiting www.carnarvoncc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Natasha Yew, Deputy Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Carnarvon, by telephoning (08) 9941 6000 or emailing Natasha.Yew@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to one (1) page outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 January 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.