Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS609501
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Joseph Banks Secondary College (SC) is seeking an experienced and reliable individual to join their school in the role of Technical Support Officer.
The successful applicant will assist in maintaining Information Technology systems and equipment through the school including developing solutions to identified problems. They will provide training, advice and support to staff and students on desktop, software applications, school wireless/network connectivity for different devices, particularly iOS devices, and research and identify appropriate software packages and other resources. They will assist with the installation and upgrading of Information Technology systems, and maintain accurate records of assets and resources. They will be responsible for maintaining the College’s BYODD program through Jamf School/ Zulu Desk. Experience in the use and administration of SEQTA, osTicket and Windows server will be highly beneficial, but not essential.
The suitable applicant will promote a collaborative, positive approach in providing opportunities for all staff and students to achieve the best possible outcomes. They will also be pro-active and innovative in Information Technology processes and systems and have excellent Customer Service skills.
Joseph Banks SC, an Independent Public School, is located in the suburb of Banksia Grove, approximately 27 km from the Perth CBD. We currently accept students from Years 7-12. The vision for Joseph Bank SC is to create a vibrant culture of excellence, innovation, opportunity and success for students, staff and the community. The focus of our work will be on quality teaching and provision of the widest range of opportunities for individual achievement and learning success. Our goal is for all students to be literate, numerate and curious, through the provision of a broad based 21st Century curriculum.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with staff at all levels.
- conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to develop innovative solutions to information technology problems.
- ability to install and maintain network systems incorporating the Internet and Electronic Mail.
- organisational skills to develop effective administrative practices and the initiative to work with minimum supervision.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Joseph Banks Secondary College can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Shaun Barnett, Network and eLearning Coordinator, by telephoning (08) 9303 7452 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 16 January 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.