Please be advised as at 12.15pm on Wednesday 18 December 2019, a change has been made to the contact person details.
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS612673
This is a permanent full-time position commencing during Term 1, 2020
Are you seeking a challenging, exciting and professionally satisfying career?
Ashdale Secondary College (SC) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Workplace Learning and Student Support Officer to join their team.
As the Workplace Learning and Student Support Officer your role will be to Coordinate the establishment and operations of the College’s Workplace Learning program, Locate and undertake quality assurance for suitable work placement sites and train industry representatives with the Workplace Learning program processes. You will be responsible for the undertaking of selection, training, induction and monitoring of students in the Workplace Learning program.
The successful applicant will Administer and monitor the Workplace Learning program budget. Maintain the Workplace Learning program database. Prepare relevant Workplace Learning documentation. Respond to inquiries from community members and parents concerning curriculum policies and operations. Assist at-risk students transition into viable post-school pathways through Secondary Graduation or out-of-school programs.
As an Independent Public School, Ashdale SC is part of a cluster of schools with Ashdale Primary School, Landsdale Primary School, Madeley Primary School and Carnaby Rise Primary School. Being part of the collaborative partnership between the schools we have developed a shared identity assisted by geographical proximity and a strong sense of being an inclusive community. It is essential that successful applicants embrace this cluster approach and the opportunities it provides to work in collaboration with colleagues in each of the schools.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- considerable knowledge of current Workplace Learning programs.
- well developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and facilitate school/industry partnerships.
- well developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and work autonomously and collaboratively within a team environment.
- well developed conceptual and analytical skills with an ability to provide innovative thinking in problem solving.
- skills and experience in working effectively with at-risk students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ashdale Secondary College can be found by www.ashdalesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Megan Falconer, Program Coordinator, by telephoning (08) 9302 7100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the School Holidays please contact Megan Falconer, Program Coordinator, by telephoning 0419 914 217
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 29 January 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.