Are you up for the challenge of public sector audit?
The Office of the Auditor General for Western Australia is an independent agency reporting directly to Parliament on public sector accountability and performance. We are the largest and most complex external audit practice in WA and are able to offer unique opportunities to our talented people. We have an Australia-wide reputation for excellence and are a key source of independent and objective information for Parliament and the community.
The Financial Audit unit provides Parliament with audit opinions on the financial statements, controls and key performance indicators of State government agencies, and provides audit opinions on the annual financial reports of local government entities to the Minister, Councils and CEOs.
With 180 Public Sector Agencies and 148 local government entities, there is significant variety in assignments.
We are expanding our auditing activities into the forensic sphere and are looking for people with experience in forensic accounting and fraud investigations, as well as data analytics and business intelligence. Please specify these skillsets and interests on your application.
Senior Directors schedule work programs and direct assurance auditing teams and operations for a diverse range of government entities, ensuring the effective and efficient issuing of audit opinions to satisfy the independent, statutory objectives of the Auditor General, and
- direct the implementation of contemporary assurance auditing policies and procedures
- lead assurance auditing operations for a portfolio of entities
- coordinate the preparation of reports to Parliament
- coordinate reports on across government benchmarking audits or focus audits
- manage the implementation of program business plans and work schedules
- pursue opportunities to add value to OAG and other government entity services
- sign audit opinions.
Ideal applicants will have:
- substantial experience in, and advanced knowledge of, accounting standards and contemporary auditing and assurance standards, principles and practices
- experience directing external financial audits
- the ability to shape and manage strategy and achieve results
- highly developed relationship building, interpersonal and communication skills.
We have a number of full time positions, permanent and fixed term with the possibility of extension or permanency, available for immediate filling in Financial Audit. Offers will be made based on competitive suitability for roles.
This selection process may also be used to appoint to similar vacancies that occur in the Office within the next 6 months.
Sound interesting? Here’s how to apply:
Provide a current, comprehensive CV and a 2 page statement that:
- clearly demonstrates the skills and experience you will transfer into this role
- defines what makes you the ideal applicant – as outlined above
- includes 1 or more examples that best supports your ability to achieve this.
You must provide evidence of your essential qualifications and the names of 2 referees to gain an interview. Referees will only be contacted for recommended applicants, after interviews.
For further information regarding this position please contact Don Cunninghame on 0400 162 768 or by email email@example.com. Please note that our office will close from Monday 23 December 2019 to Friday 3 January 2020, inclusive.
This position closes on Monday, 3 February 2020 at 12:00pm (noon).
Late and pro-forma applications will not be accepted
Applicants are encouraged to apply on line by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer that supports a work life balance