Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS606355
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Cecil Andrews College is seeking to appoint a talented Manager Corporate Services, with a 21st Century futuristic approach, to join their friendly team.
As the Manager Corporate Services the successful applicant will work closely with the Principal to establish and be responsible for the financial, physical and human resource processes of the college. The successful applicant will oversee the business operations and work with the leadership team to recruit, supervise and manage college support staff.
The successful applicant will also have the ability to work in a collaborative team environment committed to building quality communication with all stakeholders, and developing strong community relationships and links. You will demonstrate outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. You will also have outstanding analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills and will work closely with the leadership of the school to respond to customer enquiries and issues.
Cecil Andrews College provides programs to support a wide range of students, fostering pathways to university, TAFE, further training and the workplace. The college is well resourced and the commitment to fostering meaningful development opportunities between students, staff and the community are well known and acknowledged within the district. As the Southern P-TECH Pilot, there are unique partnerships and opportunities to broaden and use resources imaginatively providing a world class education.
Cecil Andrews College provides exemplary education to children from Year 7 to Year 12. Located in Seville Grove, we do not have a prescribed local intake area so we welcome children from across the State to apply to enrol. Special programs in Science, Technology, Mathematics and Engineering (STEM), Australian Rules Football, and the Performing Arts provide talented children unique pathways for success.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- high-level human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and processes.
- high-level financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to understand and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures
- high-level written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- experience in the application of high-level customer service principles and practices.
- experience in effective leadership of a team.
- ability to provide high-level human resource consultancy and financial advice in the development, implementation and management of business and marketing plans.
- Well-developed problem solving and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cecil Andrews College can be found by visiting https://cecilandrewscollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Stella Jinman, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9234 3400 or emailing email@example.com.
During the vacation period please contact Stella Jinman, Principal, on 0481 004 694.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 20 January 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.