Survey Board Secretary
The Land Surveyors Licensing Board (LSLB) of Western Australia has a proud 100-year plus history, ensuring that cadastral surveying standards deliver the best outcomes for the community and Government. The independent state government Board reports to the Minister for Lands and is constituted under the Licensed Surveyors Act 1909.
Landgate provides the Manager Land Surveyors Licensing Board (LSLB) position which undertakes the role of Secretary of the Board, reporting to and supporting the Board Chairperson.
You will play a critical role providing executive and administrative support for all matters relating to the operations of the Board including high level policy advice and supporting the Chairperson in performing the role of Executive Officer.
As the Manager LSLB you will:
- Organise Board meetings; prepare agendas, papers and reports; and take minutes of meetings.
- Provide high level strategic advice to the Board on operational policy relating to Board matters including the progression of legislative changes to facilitate Board activities.
- Facilitate the investigation and finalisation of complaints into alleged disciplinary matters including the progression of matters to the State Administrative Tribunal.
- Administer the Board's licensing regime including management of the continuing professional development program for Licensed Surveyors.
- Manage the Board's finances and assets, providing regular reports for Board consideration as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships on behalf of the Board across the surveying industry and Government for the benefit of the Board and the community.
For further information about the role we encourage you to contact Dione Bilick, Director Location Data Services, on 08 9273 9372 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (but don’t send your application here).
There’s no JDF attached so use the information above to guide your application.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a dynamic and engaged individual who works well with others to deliver results!
To be successful in this role, show us your:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete multiple tasks and manage high personal workloads to ensure work is done in an accurate and timely manner.
- Proven ability to develop strong networks with key stakeholders including stakeholder engagement.
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills including dealing swiftly with conflict.
- Experience and knowledge of land development and land boundary surveying practices in Western Australia. If you don’t want to miss out on this great opportunity, apply now:
Landgate’s values are vitally important so you will need to show us how you work in a way that reflects them. Our values are: Innovate & Achieve, Commit & Act, Dynamic & Engaged, Honest & True.
Check out the Landgate website, where you will find out more about Landgate, including our Values, and what we can offer you. The LSLB website outlines the role of the Board.
Ready to join our team?
If you don't want to miss out on this great opportunity, apply now :
- Submit a two (2) page covering letter that demonstrates you have the skill set and experience we are looking for (as stated under ‘Who are we looking for’).
- Provide a comprehensive resume that clearly shows your talents and make sure you highlight your key achievements that show us that you are ideal for this role.
Please be advised that interviews are scheduled for Friday morning 29 June 2018.
Vacancies will be offered on a permanent or fixed term basis.
Please make sure you get your application to us by the closing time as we are unable to accept late applications.