Tourism Western Australia's purpose is to develop, promote and protect Western Australia's iconic tourism experiences.
The purpose or prime function of this position is to:
• Lead and direct the development of strategic ICT and information management initiatives and the implementation of integrated ICT and information management services and systems that enables Tourism WA achieve its objectives.
• Lead and direct the development of the Tourism e-marketplace project.
• Develop and implement ICT and information management policies and strategies to support operational requirements and service delivery.
1. Demonstrated ability to provide strategic leadership in delivering ICT and information services and solutions.
2. Demonstrated capacity to deliver complex ICT projects to meet business objectives.
3. Well developed understanding of contemporary ICT and information management issues and trends.
Unless otherwise stated all positions at this level require the following core skills as they relate to the role of the position:
Leadership and Management
Excellent leadership and management skills, with demonstrated ability to apply sound human resource management and financial management concepts.
Demonstrated team leadership skills and the ability to develop staff.
Achievement of Outcomes
The proven ability to plan, prioritise, organise, monitor and co-ordinate workloads and meet deadlines under pressure, analyse information and be creative in solving problems.
Demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes through other people.
The ability to engage and influence others through effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate information clearly and accurately and resolve conflict with stakeholders at all levels.
Substantial writing experience and excellent research, writing, editing and project management skills.
Proven ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships and build networks with a diverse range of people and the ability to work as a team member.
Demonstrated ability to use initiative, display entrepreneurial flair and apply new ways of thinking to improve work environment in a climate of change.
Ability to use a PC and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
For Further Job Related Information
Please contact David Lowe, A/Executive Director Corporate and Business Services, on 08 9262 1852.
The JDF and Applicant Information documents are available by downloading the below attachements.
*Please note that an executive search may also be conducted and this may extend beyond the closing date.