About this opportunity
WA Health is committed to supporting the Western Australia community by providing excellent health care. As part of this commitment, the WA health system is enhancing its workforce capacity by establishing nursing and midwifery recruitment pools for a variety of roles across all of the Health Service Providers. The Health Service Providers are:
- North Metropolitan Health Service - locations include:
- Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital, Osborne Park Hospital
- North Metropolitan Mental Health Service - locations include:
- Graylands Hospital, Selby Older Adult, Osborne Park Older Adult, SCGH Mental Health Unit, Community mental health (various locations)
- South Metropolitan Health Service - locations include:
- Fiona Stanley Hospital, Fremantle Hospital, Rockingham Peel Group, Community mental health (various locations)
- East Metropolitan Health Service - locations include:
- Royal Perth Hospital, Armadale Health Service, Bentley Health Service, Kalamunda Hospital, Community mental health (various locations)
- Child and Adolescent Health Service - locations include:
- Perth Children’s Hospital and Community mental health (various locations)
- WA Country Health Service - includes the following regions –
- Kimberley, Pilbara, Midwest, Wheatbelt, Great Southern, Goldfields and South West
- Women and Newborn Health Service - locations include:
- King Edward Memorial Hospital, Osborne Park Hospital
We are seeking applications from qualified registered nurses, midwives and enrolled nurses with a variety of experience for fixed term, permanent, full-time, part-time and casual appointments located throughout the Perth metropolitan and Western Australia’s regional areas.
If you are interested in completing the re-entry to nursing and midwifery programs please click the following link Return to nursing and midwifery (health.wa.gov.au)
The WA health system is committed to recruiting experienced nurses and midwives and offers incentives to suitably qualified health professionals employed on permanent or fixed term contracts of 12 months or more. More information about the incentives can be found here.
Further information about this position
Appointment to the pools will be based on your written application and may not require an interview.
Suitable applicants will be placed in a pool from which appointments may be made when similar vacancies occur. Appointments may be made from this pool until 31/12/2024.
If you require further information about the recruitment pools or the application process, please email DOH.Belong@health.wa.gov.au
Commitment to Diversity
WA Health is committed to growing the Aboriginal workforce as a part of WA Health’s Aboriginal Workforce Policy. As a measure to achieve equality, Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 applies to this position. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
WA Health is also committed to creating a diverse and dynamic workplace that embraces and values the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics which is representative of the customers and community we work within. We encourage people who are representative of the diverse community of Western Australia to apply.
Other information for applicants
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Provide evidence of their Australian citizenship or permanent residency or right to work in Australia;
- Provide evidence of their current professional registration; and
- Undertake a criminal record screening, working with children check (if required for the role), a pre-employment health assessment and integrity check as part of the appointment process. We may ask referees to comment on your integrity and past demonstration of ethical behaviour.
In addition to the great salary, our employees enjoy a range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- 11% employer contributed superannuation into a fund of your choice. For further information click here.
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements.
- Professional Development Opportunities and Study leave/assistance.
- Flexible working and leave arrangements.
- Other professional and location-based allowances.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the recruitment pools, apply online by clicking the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the bottom of this page. As part of the application process you must:
- Answer all the online questions
- Attach a copy of your current CV
- Provide evidence of your current Ahpra registration
- Provide the names and contact details of two professional referees (please ensure at minimum one referee is a current manager or supervisor)
- Address the following selection criteria in no more than 3 pages:
- Demonstrated clinical experience relevant to the position
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and determine priorities
- Demonstrates well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively within a collegiate team environment
If you have previously withdrawn and would now like to apply again, please email DOH.Belong@health.wa.gov.au to have your application status changed.
Please note: applicants must have a current, valid email address in order to apply online. This email address will be used to communicate with you.
Lodging your application
Your application must be lodged online.
As the lodgement is system generated, any submissions on, or after, 4:00 pm AWST 31 July 2024 cannot be accepted.
If you experience difficulties whilst applying on-line, please contact 13 44 77 during business hours.
KEYWORDS: WA Health, Belong, Health, Nursing, Enrolled Nurse, Registered Nurse, Nurse, Midwife, Midwifery, Mental Health, Mental Health Nursing