- Drives the creation of local jobs and a stronger, more diverse Western Australian economy.
- Delivers WA Government initiatives that support the full spectrum of economic activity in WA, from large-scale mining and industrial operations, to innovate start-ups and small to medium businesses across the state.
- Promotes the state nationally and internationally to increase trade and attract investment, and encourage tourists and students to consider WA as their destination of choice.
- Fosters our science, research and innovation sectors to build a technologically advanced and prosperous future for all Western Australians.
A strong, diverse and sustainable economy that delivers local jobs and advances Western Australia as a global destination.
To promote Western Australia and advance diversification and growth of the State’s economy. See our Strategic Plan here.
You can progress your career with us. Visit our career opportunities and graduate program. For opportunities in the department, visit LinkedIn and the JTSI Corporate website.
What is the role?
We currently have four (4) permanent positions available in our Invest and Trade Branch that we are looking to recruit to:
- International Regional Hub Coordinator – China, JTS23038, Level 6
- International Regional Hub Coordinator – India – Gulf, JTS23040, Level 6
- International Regional Hub Coordinator – North East Asia, JTS23041, Level 6
- International Regional Hub Coordinator – ASEAN, JTS23042, Level 6
The International Regional Hub Coordinators support the effective operation of the Invest and Trade WA global network by managing projects and coordinating investment and trade initiatives that promote Western Australia and its priority sectors.
These are unique positions where you will act as the main point of contact for your International Regional Hub in Perth and work collaboratively across Government and Industry to support and inform the planning, preparation and delivery of outbound missions and inbound delegations.
We are seeking motivated and talented individuals with experience in project / program management, with the ability to build and sustain collaborative relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders. Knowledge of international markets, key industry sectors and businesses is also high regarded.
Please see the attached Job Description Form (JDF), for further information.
Benefits of working at our Department
In addition to salary, our employees enjoy a range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
- 11% employer contributed superannuation into a fund of your choice. Please note this will increase progressively to 12% by 1 July 2025.
- Flexible working arrangements, including flexi time and working remotely.
- Professional development opportunities and study leave/assistance.
- Salary sacrifice options for vehicles and super.
- Three Public Service Holidays each year, in addition to annual leave entitlement.
- Free flu vaccinations annually.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and immediate family living at home.
- JTSI corporate massage at employee cost.
Interested in more information?
For information regarding this position, please contact Dan Holbrook, Executive Director Investment and Trade Facilitation on (08) 6277 2842 or email@example.com
Additional job information
The Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation is committed to increasing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. As a measure to achieve equality, Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) will apply to this position and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants assessed as suitable may be considered for appointment to similar vacancies within 12 months from this process finishing.
JTSI conducts employment screening for applicants, which may include a National Criminal History Check.
Ready to apply?
You should read the attached Applicant Job Pack for detailed information on eligibility, other conditions, and how to apply for the job.
How do I apply?
- Write a 2-page statement demonstrating your skills and experience that meet the essential job requirements; and
- Provide your CV which includes the names of two (2) referees, preferably one of which is your current line manager.
- Indicate your preference of the above available roles.
Applicants need to apply online. To avoid last minute systems issues, please submit your application well before the closing time.
When you are ready to apply click the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top or bottom of this page. You will be asked a number of questions, and then be prompted to attach your application documents.
If you experience technical difficulties applying online, please contact the RAMS Helpdesk on 1300 733 056, in the first instance. For information about the process you can contact Human Resources on (08) 6277 3021.
Application must be submitted by the closing time, as we cannot accept late applications.
Closing Date: Wednesday 22 November at 12:00pm MIDDAY (AWST)