The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in the provision of world-class public transport services and solutions. As an essential service in a fast-growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, cleanest and safest networks in the world. The continued growth of our network is vital, and this is assured through our many current and future projects. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
The Senior Building Services Engineer within the Facilities branch is responsible for undertaking fault analysis and providing sound technical and engineering advice and solutions relating to the effective operations of building infrastructure. The occupant of the role is also accountable for the efficient, cost-effective operation, maintenance, capex projects, upgrades, and development of the assets.
In this position, you will provide engineering support, technical strategies and initiatives that ensure sustainable maintenance practices and lead and deliver agreed Environmental Sustainable Design (ESD) initiatives.
The successful candidate will have highly developed strategic leadership skills and demonstrated experience in managing building services teams, contractors, and support staff in a built environment. Your stakeholder management and project management skills and the ability to resolve complex technical and operational problems will be highly regarded.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Facilities Management or equivalent and/or significant demonstrated Facilities Management experience.
- Technical knowledge of critical infrastructure and compliance requirements.
- Technical and operations experience for all building services discipline (soft & hard Facilities Management): including Environmental Sustainable Development (ESD) leading principles on net zero Government initiative, Green Star, sustainability, renewable energy, CO2 emission reduction, etc.
- Sound working knowledge of relevant legislative requirements according to Acts, Regulations, Codes of Practice, Australian Standards, BCA, NCC and any other related requirements.
- Strong financial acumen partnered with engineering background.
- Demonstrated contract management experience in a facilities operations, engineering, or infrastructure environment.
There is currently one (1) full time permanent position available for immediate appointment. Part-time and flexible working arrangements will be considered. Initially this selection process will be used to fill the above vacancy, but it may also be used to appoint to similar positions that may arise in the agency within the next twelve (12) months on a permanent or fixed-term basis with the possibility of further extension(s) and/or permanency.
Equity and Diversity
The Facilities Infrastructure branch is committed to improving employment opportunities and outcomes for Indigenous Australians and women. As a measure to achieve equality and support, section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) will apply to this position. People from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences are encouraged to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and women.
What we can offer:
- Access to a range of flexible working conditions.
- Training & Development opportunities
- Health & Wellbeing programs including an onsite gym
- Subsidised corporate apparel and spectacles
- An opportunity for key involvement with WA Infrastructure projects which will make a difference in WA for many generations to come!
Please refer to the attached Job Description Form (JDF) for full details about the position, including any special requirements relevant to appointment.
Please contact Mr Raymond Victor, Manager Facilities & Infrastructure on (08) 9326 3937 for specific information about the role.
For more information about the PTA, please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two-work related referees;
- A covering letter outlining your relevant skills, abilities and suitability for the position as per the JDF; and
- A completed Integrity and Qualification Consent Form (attached) as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening.
Please note to be eligible for appointment to a position, suitable applicants will be required to undertake a full and comprehensive medical assessment.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro-forma applications will be accepted.