Be more as a WA TAFE lecturer.
Teach the next generation your industry skills.
We are seeking experienced and innovative individuals who are passionate about sharing their industry skills with the workforce of the future. No prior lecturing experience or training qualifications are required.
TAFE lecturers have an important role in delivering training excellence and mentorship, equipping students with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in their career pathway. As a lecturer, you will use your industry experience to teach skills employers want, providing a unique and innovative learning experience.
Keep your network connections alive by collaborating with local businesses and industry to ensure your training programs, and the skills taught to students, are current and relevant.
You must be digitally savvy and able to support the administration tasks associated with the role. Lecturers are required to hold or obtain a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116 (or equivalent) to deliver accredited vocational education and training in accordance with the Registered Training Organisation Standards. Applicants who do not have this qualification are strongly encouraged to apply and are still eligible for appointment from this process. We support our employees through free in-house training and up to 160 hours of working time to attain the qualification.
Explore full time, part time, casual and seasonal employment opportunities at Central Regional TAFE that support a range of training options that are more flexible than ever.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we continually strive to strengthen the diversity and capability of our workforce to reflect the rich diversity of our student community. As a measure to achieve equality and support, sections 31, 35ZD, 51, 66R and 66ZP of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) will apply to these positions. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young people (24 years of age and under), people of diverse sexualities and genders, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and women in non-traditional areas.
To be considered, you’ll need to have:
- at least five years’ industry experience in the relevant teaching field;
- a certificate or higher level qualification for your field of expertise and any licences or registrations that are currently required to work in your field. In order to teach a certificate level or diploma course, you’ll need to have that level qualification yourself, as a minimum;
- current knowledge of, and connection to, your industry including strong professional networks. You know how your industry is evolving, you keep pace with changes and you understand the skills that employers need from their workforce; and
- a desire and ability to help others learn, develop and boost their skills for employment and career progression.
Lecturing Positions and Locations
Central Regional TAFE is seeking applications for the following lecturing positions:
- Lecturer Aged Care (Northam)
- Lecturer Aged Care & Individual Support (Geraldton)
- Lecturer Allied Health (Geraldton)
- Lecturer Applied and Environmental Science (Geraldton)
- Lecturer Auto Electrical (Kalgoorlie)
- Lecturer Auto Electrical (Northam)
- Lecturer Automation (Geraldton)
- Lecturer Business (Geraldton)
- Lecturer Childrens Services (Kalgoorlie)
- Lecturer Childrens Services (Northam)
- Lecturer Civil Construction & Mining (Kalgoorlie)
- Lecturer Civil Construction & Mining (Northam)
- Lecturer Community Services (Northam)
- Lecturer Conservation and Ecosystem Management (Geraldton)
- Lecturer Electrical (Geraldton)
- Lecturer Electrical (Kalgoorlie)
- Lecturer Fitting & Machining (Kalgoorlie)
- Lecturer General Education (Gascoyne)
- Lecturer Heavy Automotive (Kalgoorlie)
- Lecturer Heavy Automotive (Northam)
- Lecturer Heavy Plant Mechanics (Kalgoorlie)
- Lecturer Heavy Vehicle Driving (Northam)
- Lecturer High Risk Work (Geraldton)
- Lecturer High Risk Work (Kalgoorlie)
- Lecturer High Risk Work (Northam)
- Lecturer Hospitality and Tourism (Geraldton)
- Lecturer Information Technology (Cybersecurity) (Geraldton)
- Lecturer Maritime (Geraldton)
- Lecturer Metal Fabrication (Northam)
- Lecturer Mining Services (Kalgoorlie)
- Lecturer Nursing (Geraldton)
- Lecturer Nursing (Kalgoorlie)
- Lecturer Nursing (Northam)
- Lecturer Resource Processing & Infrastructure (Geraldton)
- Lecturer Resources & Infrastructure (Gascoyne)
- Lecturer Traffic Management (Geraldton)
- Lecturer Traffic Management (Kalgoorlie)
- Lecturer Work Health & Safety (Geraldton)
Please refer to the attached document for further job related information on the position/s you wish to register your interest in.
About the role
Our lecturers teach, facilitate learning and assess students in accordance with curriculum or training package requirements. Using their understanding of the skills employers want, lecturers provide mentoring and support to those entering the workforce or aspiring to enhance their careers. A key role of lecturers is to maintain their industry network and local business connections to keep abreast of technological and other developments to ensure we continue to deliver current and relevant training programs.
Central Regional TAFE offers a range of attractive employment benefits including:
- Generous paid leave provisions including 4 weeks’ annual leave, 4 weeks’ professional leave and 15 days’ personal leave annually plus 13 weeks’ long service leave after 7 years, and 14 weeks’ parental leave;
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging
About the College
Central Regional TAFE is responsible for delivering customer focused, industry aligned training and pathways to higher education to build a skilled, productive and employment ready workforce. We deliver 185 courses to 10,000 students each year in the Mid-West region - Geraldton, Batavia Coast Maritime Institute and Technology Park, the Gascoyne region - Carnarvon and Exmouth, the Goldfields region – Kalgoorlie and the Wheatbelt region - Northam, Merredin and Moora.
Find out more by visiting our website: www.centralregionaltafe.wa.edu.au
Information about the Talent Register
- This talent register is an online portal that allows you to register your interest in a range of key positions across the TAFE college.
- Opportunities are permanent and temporary (fixed term up to 12 months) and may be full time, part time or casual.
- Once you apply, your CV will stay on the register for a period of 12 months.
- The register is actively monitored, and you may be contacted if an opportunity arises suiting your skills and experience.
- Please be aware that there is no guarantee that an offer of employment will be made while an application remains on the register.
How to Register
Please refer to the Job Description Form for full position details.
Advertised Vacancy Reference Number: CRTAL.23R
To register an interest in job opportunities on this register, applicants are required to register online and:
- submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume, which notes your relevant qualifications and memberships, and provides sufficient information to enable an assessment of your skills and experience relevant to the lecturer role/s you are interested in;
- provide two professional referees; and
- respond to the online questions.
If you have any support or access needs that may require adjustments to allow you to fully participate in the selection process, including alternative methods of communication, please contact Jobs & Skills WA on 13 64 64.
To submit your application, please click on the Apply for Job button. If you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please contact Establishment and Recruitment on (08) 9203 3735.
Other Conditions and Eligibility
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory Department of Education Criminal Clearance. Lecturers are also required to obtain a Working with Children (WWC) Card.
To be eligible for appointment Australian Citizenship, relevant visa or permanent residency is required.
The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their application is received by the closing date and time. Late applications will not be accepted.
Applications close Friday 12 January 2024 at 4:00pm (WST).